GIVE UP A FEW THINGS!
- Give up on blaming others
- Give up self defeating self talk.
- GIVE UP COMPLAINING
- Give up the luxury of criticism
- Give up the need to impress others.
- Give up the resistance to change.
- Give up labels.
- Give up the need to always be right.
- Give up your fears.
- Give up your excuses.
- Give up the past.
- Give up attachment.
- Give up limiting your beliefs.
- Give up living your life to other peoples expectations.
- Give up your need for control.
Start being thankful.
When you take the time to start being thankful, you are telling yourself to look for the good in the world. You are probably used to scanning life and looking for bad things so it may take some time to remind yourself to start scanning life to look for things you can be thankful for.
Stop thinking negatively.
If you're feeling ugly, start declaring your beautiful. If you're angry, start declaring what you love about the person or situation. You get the idea. If you need a new direction the best place to start is by getting new thoughts.
Being consistent is key.
If you are consistent with positive thinking, you will make changes. It just may not be overnight. Try using post it notes to remind yourself to be thankful or positive. Declaration notes around your house will go a long way.
Its a good idea to have a plan on gloomy days so you don't decide to own those thoughts. Grab a journal and get those negative thoughts out of your head.
Even a friend to confide in can really help.